https://www.fivestrengths.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Five-Strengths-Logo.png 0 0 Amy L. Adler https://www.fivestrengths.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Five-Strengths-Logo.png Amy L. Adler2011-09-19 17:04:452011-09-19 17:04:45Wondering How to Get a Job Fast? Six Tips to Focus Your Job Search
Wondering How to Get a Job Fast? Six Tips to Focus Your Job Search
Wondering How to Get a Job Fast?
Six Tips to Focus Your Job Search
If you’re wondering how to get a job fast, you need to stop spinning your wheels and start focusing. Here are 6 tips on how to focus your job search so you can get the right job quickly.
- Hire a professional resume writing service. Your first impression has to be 100% perfect. If you’re not confident that you can write a resume that makes the phone ring, call a professional resume writer to get the job done. The money you spend will pay itself back in job search speed and increased salary.
- Stop sending out dozens of resumes. No local market has tens or dozens or hundreds of jobs that are right for you. You might find 3 or 4 in a day’s research, but certainly not more than that. Stop wasting time sending out resumes for jobs that you a) are not interested in, and b) you’re not qualified for.
- Join a job club. Networking is hard for job seekers, even for the savviest among you. By joining a job club, either locally or virtually, you’ll find there is a support structure that can help you overcome the difficulties of introducing yourself and communicating your needs effectively. Job clubs also often have the benefit of being led by experts in job search.
- Cold call one or two people you don’t know who have jobs similar to the one you are targeting. Politely request a phone meeting with them of about 15 minutes in length. Use that time to ask specific questions about their position, what they like, what they don’t like, how they got where they are. You’ll find that people love to talk about themselves, and you’ll get great information for your own job search. N.B.: Don’t ask these people for a job. If you have to ask them anything, ask if they know someone you should meet; get that person’s phone number and use it to set up another cold-call meeting.
- Rework your LinkedIn profile. Change your URL to a vanity URL. Pepper your profile with critical keywords. Ask or answer a question. Learn about anything with the Updates function.
6. Practice interview questions. You’ll need to know those answers when you’ve completed #1-5 above—the more focused you are, the easier it will be for you to get a job fast.
Have questions about how to get your job faster than you can do it alone?
Call me at 801-810-JOBS to learn about my professional resume writing service.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!